Flemington United Methodist Church (FUMC) is a small church with a history dating back to the mid-1800s. The website, like the rest of the church, is run by volunteers and their technical skills were somewhat limited, so the old site didn’t get updated often. Their site also didn’t have much information for new or prospective members, and the listing of events was frequently outdated.
We created a site using WordPress with a Studiopress theme and Beaver Builder enhancements. On the menu bar at the top, we put menu items for people who are new, or thinking of joining or want to get involved. These items are immediately visible.
Also on the home page, we prominently displayed the hours of their Sunday services. Further down the page we put a section for news and upcoming events. It’s a grid where each item has a large image with a title and paragraph below it.
Design Services we Provided
- Responsive WordPress site
- Small accessibility toolbar for people who are visually impaired
- Social media integration with the site
- Embedded and formatted Google calendar
- Volunteer form
- Section of archived sermons, listed by title, category and date